It's 1am and the neighbors who live on the next corner are still fighting. There's this fat woman there who seems to yell and scream her way through life. All day all she seems to do is yell, at kids, dogs, the tv, maybe herself. Her voice reminds me of the mother in that movie "Throw Momma from the Train." Some woman yelled "Be Quiet" and she screamed back, at a decibel that could be heard through my closed window a good 40 yards away, to "Shut the fuck up Bitch!" Then she started screaming "get the fuck off of my bedspreeeead!" It's truly, truly, truly insane. About three hours into the fighting I finally heard a dissenting voice. It was a man and he slurred and spitted out his words with true hatred. I could hear her loudly slap him. And I wonder how does it get to this point. Why would people endure these situations that obviously make them profoundly unhappy. And at what point does walking away not seem like an option. At what point does being an adult and choosing to realize hey there are kids in the house not become an option. Kids who probably have to be up for school in 6 hours. Today when I was riding home I saw a man in doctor's scrubs kicking a car window with full force over and over again, the entire length of the bottom of his shoe firmly planting on the window. At first I thought did he lock himself out and is now trying to break the window? Then as I approached I realized a woman was in the car, she subsequently pulled off. Is this like domestic violence day or what?
Monday, September 14, 2009
Bad Thoughts
It's 1am and the neighbors who live on the next corner are still fighting. There's this fat woman there who seems to yell and scream her way through life. All day all she seems to do is yell, at kids, dogs, the tv, maybe herself. Her voice reminds me of the mother in that movie "Throw Momma from the Train." Some woman yelled "Be Quiet" and she screamed back, at a decibel that could be heard through my closed window a good 40 yards away, to "Shut the fuck up Bitch!" Then she started screaming "get the fuck off of my bedspreeeead!" It's truly, truly, truly insane. About three hours into the fighting I finally heard a dissenting voice. It was a man and he slurred and spitted out his words with true hatred. I could hear her loudly slap him. And I wonder how does it get to this point. Why would people endure these situations that obviously make them profoundly unhappy. And at what point does walking away not seem like an option. At what point does being an adult and choosing to realize hey there are kids in the house not become an option. Kids who probably have to be up for school in 6 hours. Today when I was riding home I saw a man in doctor's scrubs kicking a car window with full force over and over again, the entire length of the bottom of his shoe firmly planting on the window. At first I thought did he lock himself out and is now trying to break the window? Then as I approached I realized a woman was in the car, she subsequently pulled off. Is this like domestic violence day or what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Annnnd cue your move to SF.
Post a Comment